hanging loose in california

Monday, July 03, 2006

i'm on the second leg of my moving excursions...back home in california! it's sunny and the weather is ace and even when it's 100 degrees out, it feels good and nice and dry. been eating lots of good fresh food and had a nice bowl of strawberries. spent a few days in Los Angeles and i've been setting up and training my sister back at home. it's been good...i know the hard part of packing and shipping all my belongings is done and these next couple of weeks should be nice and stress free, but it's actually given me time to think and wonder about all the small stuff! i'm still waiting on a few packages that need to arrive home, including my computer...and i'm thinking again that i've packed too much stuff to take with me to istanbul. i'll probably try to shed another half suitcase of stuff.

in istanbul news, an apartment was found! samet found an apartment in zeytinburnu which is an area that i actually don't know that much about. its a 2-bedroom and around 500 YTL, and 15 minutes from his work...its a bit longer bus ride to the city center, but i figure it will give me a good chance to get around and out and lost on the bus. i don't know much else about it but i'm excited to see it and it will be nice to have a place to call home when i get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home