home

Saturday, October 28, 2006

bird at home

i'm back home in Istanbul from my North American vacation. There was a lot of flying involved, but it was so nice to be able to eat Thai food, stock up on mac and cheese and spend 2 weeks with my pup Lola! Got lots of work done, but still lots to do! I came back to Turkey on Sunday (one of my bags got held up in airport security...apparently the Trader Joe's instant Indian food packets caused some alarm) just in time for Seker Bayram (Sugar Festival). We went for a couple of days to see Samet's family and my friend Rose and her cute new baby, I celebrated my 29th birthday, and in between tried to catch up on as much work as possible. Looks like for the next few weeks I'll be pretty busy, but tomorrow I get to take a break and attend a Turkish futbol (soccer) game. I'm so excited and picked out all my team colored clothes to wear. Go Galatasaray! I'm happy to be back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Booooo! Go Besiktas!!!

No, really, I was born in that neighborhood of Istanbul :)

It was rad meeting you and I'm hoping we can meet up over the holidays? I'm trying to figure out how to con Diana into coming but she's broke anyway, so who knows.

6:35 AM  
Blogger cutxpaste said...

haha! have you seen those old Cola Turka commercials with Chevy Chase? they are so funny!

it was nice to meet you too! we should def meet up when you get to istanbul!

we'll get di out here too!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home