blame it on the rain

Friday, November 03, 2006

rag rugs

its been raining non-stop here in Istanbul for about a week now and the weather has turned chilly. we've turned up the thermostat and wear fuzzy slippers around the house now. i feel cooped in this week from working working working! but things are getting done and we're close to publishing a site that i've been working on. it's starting to get my gears turning to work on my own website. lots of different stuff and projects are in the air, and i'll be sure to document them either here or over here.

indian movie poster

for now, you get glimpses into my apartment. i'm hesitant to show pictures yet, because even after the painting and furniture buying, it still feels empty to me. when i made my move overseas, i didn't bring my overflowing closet, my thrift store collections, my dishware, my pictures. it felt liberating to leave it all behind, but it also helps make a little house a home.

here are some links:
+ a little look into Istanbul with clothing designer Hussein Chalayan
+ handmade in Istanbul!
+ love this site for Ottoman t-shirts
+ ELLE Street Chic Istanbul
+ this is a neat little site for a Turkish web design company (in English as well)

3 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Istanbul's got great style :)
I'm tempted to visit!
You've defintely got to post your recommendations of good eats and shopping around town!!

9:40 AM  
Blogger maki ♥ squarepatch said...

i still can't believe you moved to istanbul. i believe you and i are getting the same monsoon rain since we're closer now :D (me in singapore). i can't wait to see what handmade goodies you can gather from turkey!

1:57 PM  
Blogger sodafine said...

um hello, updates please??!!
xox

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home